If you’re looking for buy the best Fitbit fitness trackers for women, you’re just on the right page. Here, you’ll not only learn the importance of fitness trackers for women, but you’ll also figure out the best options you have in the market right now, as recommended by our team.
According to the CNN, physical inactivity causes 1 in 10 deaths worldwide.
This means that, every day, many people actually die of inactivity-related medical conditions. Of this number, women constitute a significant and vulnerable part, especially given their distinct physiological makeup.
This is luckily avoidable and as a woman, you can brilliantly avoid being part of that ugly statistic.
This post discusses the best fitness trackers for women. And it’s aimed at helping you to get right in charge of your health, stay healthy and more importantly, monitor your progress and adjust accordingly by using the right fitness tracking device.
However, before we proceed, let’s take a look at some very important points first.
- Fitness trackers: why do you need to monitor your daily (physical) activities as a woman?
- What is a fitness tracker?
- What to look out for when buying a Fitbit tracker as a woman
- Review: 5 best fitness trackers for women (3 Fitbit + 2 others)
- 1. Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband
- 2. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch
- 3. Fitbit One
- 4. Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit SM-R350 Smartwatch Fitness Tracker
- 5. Microsoft Band 2
- So, what fitness tracker is perfect for you as a woman?
Fitness trackers: why do you need to monitor your daily (physical) activities as a woman?
The life of a woman can be tough…
From the office to the home, there are always things that actively demand for the attention of the average woman in ways that no one can understand, except a woman.
Unfortunately, these tasks make her prone to extreme tiredness that ensures that, in most case, she completely forgets about her overall health and general wellbeing.
This is where gradual death creeps in…this is what you must guard against as a woman.
To ensure that you keep track of your physical activity so that you can easily tell if you’re doing well or not in the business of keeping fit, it is thus very important that you monitor your physical activities and by extension, your progress so that you can consciously improve and more importantly, take proactive measures when it becomes important.
What is a fitness tracker?
A fitness tracker is a device (majorly wearable) that helps to monitor fitness related metrics such as distance walked or run, quality of sleep, calorie consumption, sleep patterns and in some case, heart rate, and so on.
Carried in the pocket or worn on the wrist, a fitness tracker gives you insight into your daily activities as relates to fitness and guards you accordingly on changes that could prove beneficial to your overall health and by extension.
As gadgets, fitness trackers could work in a standalone fashion or be synced with a smartphone app that records activities, and plots graphs that serve helpful data and provide comparative insight for conscious observation and possible improvement.
Fitness trackers are designed to be lightweight, easy to carry and most importantly, unobtrusive.
What to look out for when buying a Fitbit tracker as a woman
Buying an activity tracker as a woman can be tricky business. This is because, while some of the fitness trackers available today are geared towards both sexes, many more are made for – and targeted at men directly.
This means that, the general design of many fitness trackers including their predominant features, shape, colors and other aesthetics are likely not to suit or serve you directly.
If you are to buy a fitness tracker that actually fits you as a woman, there are certain features you need to look out for in any option you stumble on. And here are those features and specs.
1. Stylish design
The model of the tracker you choose as a woman to keep track of your physical activities should have a stylish design so that it can both complement and serve as a fashion or beauty accessory. It should thus be a model that you have no problem flouting right in front of the public…any public.
2. Wristband model
While there are other models of fitness trackers for women, not all models can be worn on the wrist like a watch – or a band. However, as a woman, going this way is a must because of two very important reasons: it adds itself as a fashion accessory and much more importantly, stays right on your wrist when you have had a bottle too many or are in a hurry.
3. Sync feature
There are many models of fitness trackers that record all your activities and present the data right for you without any further need for a smartphone or PC.
However, as a woman, it would be a brilliant idea to choose a fitness tracker that can sync with your smartphone and provide long term data, especially for comparison/motivation sake. This way, you’ll be putting your smart phone to proper use and more importantly, will also be ensuring that you get access to your fitness reports on the long term.
4. Good, bright color options
Colors are very important to a woman, especially when outings and parties are considered. In your search for a fitness tracker as a woman, it would be a brilliant idea to ensure that you look out for a model that has a wide array of healthy/bright choices.
With the colors of your choice, you can easily complement it as a fashion accessory without much bother – and it would blend and match in perfectly.
There is no point buying a fitness tracker today and looking for another option on the morrow…it doesn’t just make any sense, especially when as a woman, the money could be used to make you more beautiful or could be invested in a good handbag or shoes.
This is why, as a woman, the fitness tracker you choose should be sturdy and durable enough to withstand the rigors of daily use and more importantly, should be able to last for a reasonable time before being due for change.
These are the important features to look out for when choosing a fitness tracker as a lady. The awesome thing to note however is that, all these features are a part and parcel of the Fitbit line of fitness trackers!
Below, we’ll review five of such trackers that would ensure a perfect fit for you as a woman. When that is done – and dusted, all you’ll need to do is simply pick the option that best resonates with you.
Review: 5 best fitness trackers for women (3 Fitbit + 2 others)
This review contains the top 5 best fitness trackers for women/ladies. It also contains all the information necessary for making an informed choice and picking the one that best suites you.
As a woman who is conscious of self-fitness and is interested in the very best fitness trackers that can deliver results, here are the best options you have from the Fitbit and other line of fitness trackers.
These have been carefully researched and picked based on real buyer opinions, product features, price, brand trust, and other factors that matter.
1. Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband
The Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband is an awesome, stylish, automatic wrist-based fitness tracker that is also priced fairly and is easily affordable.
This fitness monitor tracks workouts, heart rates, distance worked/run, calories burned, floors climbed, monitors your sleep and wakes you up with a super silent alarm (that is guaranteed not to disturb your partner).
Aside the awesome features above, it also ensures that you have access to call notifications, daily stats and time of the day via the OLED display, right on your wrist.
Further, the Fitbit Charge HR also has the ability to sync wirelessly and automatically to your computer and just about all the major smartphones available in the market today. This means that, you can easily sync up to either your PC or your smart phone and enjoy the benefit of looking at – and gathering inspiration/motivation needed to push yourself further, every step, every beat and much more importantly, every day.
This fitness tracker also comes with 5 awesome and bright colors that no woman can resist: black, blue, pink, plum and tangerine. Size wise, every woman is covered and carried along as there are three fitting sizes to choose from: small, large and extra-large. These sizes, you should note, cover all the wrist sizes as there is no woman these will not fit in an awesome manner (provided she picks the right size).
What we like
- Wrist band design (this provides for easy carriage, can serve as a fashion accessory or fashion statement).
- Ability to sync up with either your PC or smartphone (this is important for long term data and the necessary motivation needed to push on).
- Wide array of colors to choose from (black, blue, pink, plum and tangerine – you’ll definitely get your favorite color this way).
- An array of sizes to match every wrist type/size (small, large and extra-large).
- Silent – but super effective alarm (this is very effective when sharing a bed/room with a spouse and would not want the conventional alarm to disturb your significant other).
What we dislike
- Some users reported that when exposed to the elements for a prolonged period, the band could not particularly tolerate it.
- It is not waterproof…this means that, if you are a woman who loves to shower with accessories on – or enjoy excising in the rain (or drizzle), you may have some challenges with this model.
2. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch
The Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch is a stylish fitness tracker to behold; combining the best of two worlds in one elegantly built and super stylish piece: time and a fitness tracker.
The Fitbit Blaze is made by Fitbit, a household name when it comes to fitness trackers and has advanced guides to ensure that you get the most of it and efficiently maximize its watch like design. For instance, a FitStar workout can be started on your wrist and step-by-step instructions and graphics generated to ensure that each move is completed correctly.
It also has GPS enabled maps to chart your routes so that you can see fun stats like pace and duration on display when your phone is nearby.
Color wise, there are assortments of color combinations available: black-silver, blue-silver, plum-silver and black. In terms of size, there exist 3 pleasant sizes to choose from: small, large and extra-large – which is available majorly in black color only.
This Fitbit fitness tracker is super stylish for women and is guaranteed to fit/blend right with any attire or color combination you may choose to go by as a woman. This makes it a most loved and seriously bought model.
What we like
- Full and functional wristband design with an equally functional wristwatch dispensing of the use of a separate wrist watch for keeping time.
- Ability to synchronize with your smartphone.
- GPS ability to enable you enjoy fun stats such as pace and duration on display.
- Multi-sport tracking ability to track runs, cardio, biking, cross-training etc.
- FitStar feature that aids you in both setting up and getting all your intended moves correctly.
- Simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts.
- Continuous heart rate monitoring.
- Easy to see in daylight (nice bright screen). Has the ability to turn “auto” light/dim based on sensing your lighting conditions; this feature comes in handy when you are active and are alternating between environments with varying light intensity.
- Display that turns on when it senses you’ve turned your wrist to view it. It is mostly accurate and super convenient.
- Charges quickly and the charge lasts for 5 days straight (without notifications on).
What we dislike
- Some users have complained that the band of the Fitbit Blaze is a little uncomfortable to sleep in. However, this appears to be a subjective concern and many users have not experienced this bother.
- The charger is proprietary and quite annoying to some users as the face of the watch needs to be removed and plugged in a boxed-frame like charger to hold a charge. Some users have thus opined that a magnetic charger would have been more convenient.
3. Fitbit One
The Fitbit One is one of the best-selling activity and sleep trackers from the stables of Fitbit. It is built in a sturdy fashion and has a design and overall make that instantly appeals to buyers who are looking for a tracker that will last a long time.
This fitness tracker is perhaps the best known trackers and one of the oldest available in the market today. It thus represents the original spirit of fitness trackers and certainly represents a classic from which most of the latter fitness trackers inherited much of their design, appeal and specifications from.
From the vast array of positive reviews of this tracker and the number sold from the moment it launched till date, it is crystal clear that the Fitbit One is loved and revered by fitness enthusiasts across the globe and is still the tracker of choice for many persons, especially women.
What we like
- Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and stairs climbed.
- Monitor how long and how well you sleep.
- Wakes you (and not your partner) with a silent alarm.
- Syncs automatically to your computer or select smartphones and tablets via Bluetooth 4.0.
- Set goals, view progress and earn badges.
- Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and over 150 leading smartphones.
What we dislike
- Fitbit One comes in limited colors – there are just two color options to choose from.
- The design, while sturdy, does not give room for very easy carriage; to carry it around, you may need to buy a separate carrying case.
- There is just a standard size that every buyer is expected to choose from.
4. Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit SM-R350 Smartwatch Fitness Tracker
Samsung is a household name when it comes to electronics and general hardware. As a matter of fact, there are many who sincerely believe that you cannot go wrong with a Samsung device. For the Galaxy Gear Fit SM-R350 Smartwatch Fitness Tracker thus, this is completely correct as it clearly exceeds common expectations of what it does and importantly, what it is supposed to deliver on.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit, unlike the Fitbit One discussed immediately above, comes in a band-like design that fits right on the wrist, saving you the stress of bothering if you have dropped your tracker or looking for a convenient carriage to carry your fitness companion.
Apart from the obviously stylish and super fashionable design of the Galaxy Fit, there are also many other features to like about this fitness tracker; features that have endeared it to women particularly.
For instance, it has a curved, super AMOLED touchscreen display that makes operation a breeze. In addition, if you are a worker who needs to work under the rain or in places that ensure you come in contact with water/dust on a frequent basis, you have little to worry about as the device is both water and dust resistant; a rare feature that is quite hard to find in fitness trackers today.
Aside these, the battery capacity of the Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit SM-R350 smartwatch fitness tracker has a monster capacity and is known to last for up to 5 days with typical usage. If you are thus looking for a fitness tracker that is less hungry when it comes to power consumption, you cannot go wrong with this model.
What we like
- Wrist design that ensures you never bother with either loss or storage.
- Curved super AMOLED touchscreen display for easy use.
- Impressive battery life (up to 5 solid days on typical use).
- Water and dust resistance; which is rare among fitness trackers.
- Instant mail, SMS and incoming call notification when synced up to a compatible smartphone.
What we dislike
- There is just a standard color: charcoal black.
- The tracker has just a standard size.
- Synchronization is limited to the Samsung Galaxy Smartphone series.
5. Microsoft Band 2
The super famous Microsoft company also has an awesome fitness band that goes right on your wrist and does the magic of fitness tracking right there: the Microsoft Band 2.
Available in 3 sizes: the small, medium and large, the Microsoft Band 2 promises a fitness tracker that though, is from Microsoft (the makers of Windows), possesses cross platform ‘powers’. This means that, the Microsoft Band 2 can brilliantly sync with a Windows, Android or iOS device in the most brilliant and smart manner.
Aside this rare cross platform compatibility, the MS Band 2 tracks running, golf, biking and an assortment of physical fitness related tasks. Aside these, the inbuilt continuous heart rate monitor tracks heart rate, calorie burn and more importantly, sleep quality. Mails, text, calendar and call alerts are all also got on the go.
What we like
- Cross platform compatibility; this enables users to sync up irrespective of the device they already own.
- The wrist band design is a welcome development and makes for both easy storage and convenience.
- Ability to connect with popular apps such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Super lightweight design that one can wear on the wrist for 3 days straight without feeling any strain.
- Ability to reply back to text and email right on the device.
- Presence of a barometer sensor which detects both squats and curls.
- Super bright screen that actually works/serves in all light conditions, taking the strain off your eyes especially in bright-light situations.
- Various sizes that ensure you get the right size for your wrist.
What we dislike
- The battery is not replaceable. This is a cause for concern especially if you plan on using the device for many years, away from Microsoft service centers.
- Some customers have complained about the less than perfect alignment of the band when worn on the wrist during wrist related activities like typing.
- Without a dedicated screen protector/guard, some users have noted that the Band’s screen is susceptible to scratches especially by users who actively use the device daily – and in all manner of circumstances.
So, what fitness tracker is perfect for you as a woman?
This is a delicate decision and you’re bound to be a little challenged making it. However, given the respective features that these fitness trackers possess, the following recommendations are made:
If you are super interested in a sturdy design that will withstand a fall and serve you for the years to come, you won’t go wrong with the Fitbit One.
If your daily task takes you to places where dust and water abound, you’ll be better off with a dust/water proof fitness tracker, the Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit SM-R350 Smartwatch Fitness Tracker.
If you’re super interested in fashion and would love to make a statement with your tracker (by making it an indispensible part of your dressing) and would love the look and feel of an actual wrist watch, the Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch will not fail you.
If you’re a gadget freak and have devices running different operating systems, the Microsoft Band 2 is your best bet.
If you’re a simple woman who does not appreciate the fact of adorning the body and would rather ensure that your fitness tracker is discreet (at least to the ‘uninitiated’), you cannot go wrong with the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
Kindly note that, you can still select any of the reviewed fitness trackers above irrespective of our direct opinion – though we sincerely believe you’ll be better for it, following our suggestions.