It is often joked — and correctly too — that only two things in the world are tougher than a G-Shock wrist watch: a tank and an aircraft carrier 🙂
The reason for this joke — which is more of a statement of fact than a mere soulless joke — is the fact that G-Shock wrist watches are famous for taking abuses excellently, handling dirt professionally, taking rude shocks and falls with a variant of grace that is rare, coming out of deep immersions in the ocean still ticking great and on many occasions, are actually known to outlive their users — no matter the abuse they are put through.
As a police or military officer, on the other hand, you live a life that is dictated by duty and what this thoroughly ensures.
This means, where work takes place (and the terrain) is often hitherto unknown and completely unforeseen: when duty calls, your job as a military man or a police officer is to answer — usually, without question.
However, when you take on that call of duty (to defend your country and its citizens), time is usually of the essence: there is that threat to national security that is to be quelled in less than 48 hours — usually, or there is that dangerous criminal or terrorist that needs to be taken care of within a week. Most of the time, the manner which these tasks are achieved is usually rough, unpredictable and may span action across both land and water.
In such a scenario, which watch on this blessed earth will offer the resilience, toughness and water resistance to tackle these tasks in a brilliant and efficient manner — all within your budget?
We can think of only one brand that can effortlessly achieve such an impressive task: the G-Shock watch series from Casio.
- Why are G-shock watches the best options for police and military officers?
- Things to consider when buying a G-shock watch
- Best G-shock watches for military and police officers: Our top 5 picks
- 1. Casio Sport Watch
- 2. Casio G-Shock GD-100-1B Watch
- 3. Casio Men’s ‘G Shock’ Quartz Resin Casual Watch
- 4. Casio G-Shock GA100A-7A X-Large Men’s White Resin Sport Watch
- 5. Casio G-Shock X-Large Display Stealth Black Watch
Why are G-shock watches the best options for police and military officers?
If as a police or military officer, you have not yet come across or used any G-Shock wrist watch from Casio, you can easily start wondering what these watches have for you or how they can serve you as you execute your job as a security professional.
So, without wasting your clearly precious and limited time, let’s discuss why G-Shock watches are the best options for police and military officers today.
- Waterproof: All G-Shock watches from the stables of Casio are water-resistant down to 200M. With one on your wrist, keeping time even under the water would never be a challenge again.
- Ruggedness: G-Shock wrist watches are renowned for the extreme durability and tolerance for conditions that would break other wrist watches (such as extreme weather or shock). You will find these features thoughtful and handy when the terrain proves tricky or downright hostile.
- Multiple alarms: Multiple alarms are also part of the reality that makes the G-Shock series of wrist watches an awesome option for you as a police or military officer. Here, instead of the standard single alarm that most wrist watches sport, you have the option of actually setting on multiple alarm which no doubt, will increase your efficiency as a security professional.
- Multi-time-zones: Casio has also enabled the multi-time reality in the G-Shock series. With this feature, you are availed the luxury of various independent time zones — a feature that will prove handy especially when you’re on a mission overseas.
- Backlight: The G-Shock series also come designed with a powerful backlight on each unit. What this means is that no matter the situation you find yourself in, wondering what time it actually is will never be part of your problems again!
- Long-lasting battery: All G-Shock wrist watches come powered with an impressive battery that lasts, at the bare minimum, upward of 2 solid years. If you’re deployed in a place far away from civilization or the nature of your assignment does not make it practical to change the battery of your wrist watch every now and then, you’ll be happy that you chose a G-Shock.
- Finally, G-Shock wrist watches are made to outlive their users! Think about this bit for second….
Things to consider when buying a G-shock watch
When shopping for a G-Shock watch, there are some basics you need to get right. These basics are as outlined below.
Please note that all the options we have reviewed in this article meet the criteria set out immediately below. If you’re going with us (which you should, BTW), there would be no need to stress yourself further since we’ve already done all the hard work for you.
If you however want to take a look, let’s fire!
- Warranty: Take a look at the warranty offering. Usually, this should be upward of 1 year. However, nothing stops you from purchasing a model that sports a warranty that is well more than a year as this will ensure peace of mind.
- Size: G-Shock wrist watches are usually big and bold by virtue of their very design. If you have a particularly tiny wrist, be sure to cross check the model you’re in love with to see that it will actually fit before buying.
- Color: Finally, check to see that the band color of the wrist watch is what you’re actually comfortable with. While many users do not bother about this, for some, it is one of the most important features of a watch and to a large extent, spells out its very quality!
Let’s now take a look at the reviews proper.
Best G-shock watches for military and police officers: Our top 5 picks
Carefully reviewed below are top 5 G-Shock wrist watches that we carefully selected and tested. You’ll find out that these watches are a perfect fit for military and police officers and currently, the very best money can buy.
1. Casio Sport Watch
Some watch users do not fancy wrist watches with moving dials: it distracts them and at the end, winds up annoying them thoroughly.
For other users, the preference for an all-digital wrist watch as against an analogue or a part digital, part analogue model is simply basic instinct or reflex at best: they cannot simply explain it.
If you’re a police or military officer that the above refers to, the Casio Sport Watch is exactly where you need to start your hunt for your first (or next) G-Shock wrist watch.
Shock resistant and designed with the ability to withstand all manner of abuses, this G-Shock wrist watch does not simply display time in a digital manner: it is something that you can wear right to the top on Kilimanjaro or right when you dive into the Atlantic – and still come out of the respective scenarios with a functional timepiece that is still displaying the correct time and importantly, looks like it has not been through anything at all!
What we like
- Digital time display only.
- Shock resistant.
- Water resistant (up to 200 meters).
- Resin band that brilliantly holds up in salt water.
- Electro-Luminescent backlight with an impressive afterglow.
- Stopwatch & alarm functions.
- Hourly time signal.
- 2 year battery life.
- 1 year warranty.
What we dislike
- The digital time display of this G-Shock model is a little challenging for some customers (with eye vision challenge) to read.
- Some users prefer a thicker band than the one this Casio sport watch comes with.
2. Casio G-Shock GD-100-1B Watch
To be a military or police officer is a thing of honor — one that also inspires immense pride.
However, some officers are certainly in love with their jobs and certainly love performing their assigned tasks above and beyond the call of duty.
Such officers, are often proud of introducing themselves as law enforcement agents and love their gear or body accessories to always portray the right ‘image’ about whom they are and what they stand for.
If you’re a police or military officer and fall within this awesome bracket of law enforcement agents, then the Casio G-Shock GD-100-1B Watch will be an ideal fit.
Manufactured in a stout, impressive manner that commands attention when worn, this wrist watch, aside the fact that it is shock and water resistant also features 5 independent alarms that can be set at your convenience to ensure overall efficiency.
Aside the alarm, this model also features multi time reality and supports as much as 4 different time zones.
Who says you cannot get the perfect G-Shock that matches exactly how you think, serves you in the exact manner you desire and importantly, projects the perfect image you love?
What we like
- Shock resistant – with the ability to handle really brutal abuses.
- 4 different time zone reality.
- 5 independent alarms for increased efficiency (as a security professional).
- Auto LED backlight.
- Water resistant (up to 200M).
- Sturdy, smart design.
- Perfect digital display.
- 2 year warranty!
What we dislike
- Some Senior and elderly users reported initial challenge getting along with the functions of the wrist watch.
- If you’re a police or military office who bothers too much about beauty/aesthetics (and not function), this watch may not be the best fit for you.
3. Casio Men’s ‘G Shock’ Quartz Resin Casual Watch
Not all military and paramilitary officers love to play low key and keep things on the low. Some officers of the police force or the military love to take on the bold approach and distinguish themselves, not only with their uniforms but also with the accessories they use, a wrist watch inclusive.
If you’re such a policeman or military officer, the Casio Men’s ‘G Shock’ Quartz Resin Casual Watch will be your best bet — or at least, where you should first take a look.
Designed with a bold display that features both analogue and digital time displays, this G-Shock model will distinguish you from a crowd of civilians and even amongst your colleagues who are uniformed in the same manner as you are.
This, without much ado or extensive talk, is the watch for soldiers and policemen who desire to stand out and love the added assurance of having both analogue and digital displays at their disposal.
What we like
- Big bold look that commands attention in its own regard.
- Analogue and digital display combined.
- Water and shock resistant.
- 5 year battery life.
- Super illuminator LED function that illuminates the whole face of the wrist watch in a most brilliant and impressive manner.
- 1 year comprehensive manufacturer’s warranty.
What we dislike
- This G-Shock model does not have any con(s) at all. Fortunately, other users also agree. Completely.
4. Casio G-Shock GA100A-7A X-Large Men’s White Resin Sport Watch
There are always those military and police officers that love being neat — and in charge, all the time.
Meeting them for the first time, it is impossible to fail to notice the fact that their boots are polished to a shining hue and their uniforms are starched and ironed at ‘attention’.
Such officers usually have the best haircuts hairdo in the whole of their units, and if they are men, they ensure that they actually shave every day — a clean precision manner of shaving that leaves no trace or strand of hair after the shaving task is concluded.
If you’re the officer we’re describing above, your best option when it comes to a G-Shock wrist watch from Casio is the Casio G-Shock GA100A-7A X-Large Men’s White Resin Sport Watch.
Offered with pure white resin bands, this G-Shock is not only durable, shock and waterproof: it is also capable of also displaying the time in 48 cities across the world — so that you, the wearer, never have to wonder what time it is in any of the places of the world that you care about.
What we like
- Capable of displaying the time in 48 cities (across 29 time zones).
- Pure white resin band that truly looks immaculate and smart.
- Water and shock resistant.
- Analogue and digital time display.
- 5 alarms.
- Super rugged design.
What we dislike
- While the white band is an advantage for some, for others, it could prove to be disadvantageous by staining fast.
- For users with very small wrist girth, this watch appears large on their wrists.
5. Casio G-Shock X-Large Display Stealth Black Watch
Finally, there are some police and military officers who love the power and durability that G-Shock watches offer, but are not particularly a fan of digital displays. Such officers love the old analogue system where they can easily see the dials moving and importantly, actually pointing at some numbers at any given point in time.
If the above paragraph describes the type of military or police officer that you are, your best bet, so far as G-Shock watches are concerned, is the Casio G-Shock X-Large Display Stealth Black Watch.
The Casio G-Shock X-Large Display Stealth Black Watch is designed with large analogue dials that completely overwhelm its digital display — giving the impression that the watch is an all-analogue model.
This radical change in design ensures that officers who have challenge reading small dials or figuring out digital display under the sun or in harsh weather generally read the time on this piece without any challenge.
As regards its unique features, shock and waterproofing are standard. Further, it features 4 daily alarms and is capable of displaying the time in 29 time zones across the world.
What we like
- Shock and water resistant.
- Large analogue display that makes it very easy to read the time.
- Capable of displaying the time in 29 time zones.
- Ability to switch between 12 and 24 hour clocks on demand.
- 4 daily alarms.
- Auto LED light with afterglow.
What we dislike
- For inexperienced users, this watch may present an initial challenge when attempting to operate it.
- For users whose eyesight is not very good, this digital timepiece may be difficult to read especially under challenging circumstances like the sun.
The task of keeping peace or wadding off external aggressors is one that is necessarily hinged on time, as the success of most military assignments actually depend on how time is allotted and ultimately used.
The height of unprofessionalism thus will be when, right on the job, your timepiece fails either as a military or police officer.
In the world of durable wrist watches, we see no brand that can serve better than the G-Shock models in this regard.
Fortunately, we have taken time to review the best five suited for you as a police or military man or woman today.