Before now, nursing mothers — and fathers — had to move around with jogging strollers and car seats as separate units. But now, moving your baby around is much easier with the introduction of jogging strollers with car seats (combos).
Also known as a travel system, a car seat-stroller combo is one of the best things you can invest in as a new parent because saves a lot of time and stress. Just release the seat from its base in your car and click it on the stroller. That’s it! So, you can easily transfer your sleeping baby from the stroller into your car without waking her up.
- Best Jogging Strollers with Car Seats: Our Top 5 Picks
- 1. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Phantom
- 2. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System with SensorSafe SafeMax Infant Car Seat
- 3. Baby Trend Nexton Travel System
- 4. Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System
- 5. Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System
Best Jogging Strollers with Car Seats: Our Top 5 Picks
Now, the market abounds with travel strollers of various types and by different brands. The bad news that this implies is that making the right choice from the tons available can be really mind-boggling.
But there’s good news: We’ve compared several models and have narrowed the list down to our top five — based on features, comfort, buyer opinions, brand trust, and other important factors.
1. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Phantom
This stroller-seat combo comes in a versatile design, perfect for if you are always on the move. Its design makes it one of the best jogging strollers, making traveling and strolling via car much easier.
Similar to many other travel systems, this stroller is accompanied by a car seat known as Baby Trend Easy Flex Infant Car Seat. This seat is designed to accommodate kids who are up to 30 inches tall and weigh up to 30 pounds.
The stroller, on the other hand, can carry up to 50 pounds and has tons of space beneath. The storage space is provided so you don’t have to worry about deciding what to carry and what to leave behind.
There is a 5-point safety harness which keeps your child safe throughout your stroll. The stroller is very flexible as it can recline to as many as 5 different positions. The car seat can be transferred easily from the car to the stroller simply by detaching it from its frame and attaching it to the frame of the stroller.
There are several other features that come along with the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Phantom such as:
- Extra-wide push handle
- Lightweight fold (this is important for portability)
- Sunproof adjustable canopy
- Parent tray
- Child tray
We wonder why this product is yet to be famous considering the value it provides. It comes with the following advantages:
- Cost-friendly. The product doesn’t cost as much as many other products on the market. Yet, it doesn’t compromise on quality and safety. It is definitely reliable and affordable too.
- The 5-point harness puts your mind at rest since it keeps your child safe both in the car on your stroll.
- You don’t need to wake your child up to transfer him or her from the car seat to the stroller. The seat is quite lightweight and padded too.
- Smooth ride. The stroller comes with bicycle tires built for maneuverability and stability. With this, your baby can enjoy a completely smooth ride.
- The seat pads seem a bit too hard for infants. This may be a result of the impact absorbing foam.
- Pressing the lever is a bit difficult which makes the latch system ineffective.
2. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System with SensorSafe SafeMax Infant Car Seat
If you are in search of a flexible stroller then we suggest this 3-in-one stroller. There’s something different about this stroller; it practically grows with your baby. It will serve you several years.
This very flexible stroller has at least 6 sitting modes. You can alter it to suit your purposes and with all of the options, you have your baby facing you. It also comes with a car seat, SafeMax Infant Car Seat. This has the capacity to carry between 4 and 35 pounds. By all standards, this seat has been certified safe. It even dissipates energy during a crash.
When strolling you can simply convert the stroller into a carriage. It is quite simple to achieve since the seat can be converted in a second to a bassinet. There is also a sun proof canopy that prevents the sunrays from directly hitting your baby.
When your baby becomes a toddler, you don’t need to get another stroller. Simply alter the stroller into toddler mode. The seat is still very comfortable, such that your kid can take a nap while you stroll. It also gives you the option of a full recline for diaper changing purposes.
Other features of this stroller are:
- 5-point safety harness
- Storage basket
- Child tray
- Parent’s cup holder
- Reclining angle. The seat can recline fully making it easy to clean up your baby and change diapers.
- The car seat is not just safe, it is very light too.
- Reversible seat.
- Storage space. The storage basket is large enough to accommodate all your needs.
- Assembling and switching between modes is very easy.
- Not too costly.
- Stylish look.
- Accessories included.
- The height of the handlebar cannot be adjusted. This means that very tall parents may not enjoy pushing the stroller around.
- The wheels are not suited for all terrains.
3. Baby Trend Nexton Travel System
This is one very fabulous and amazing stroller. This is because it comes with several features that make it stand out from the many others on the market. Many parents have said the features of this stroller are exactly what they have long been in search of.
Like the previous two strollers on our list, this stroller comes with a car seat as well. The Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat is great when you have to drive long distances with your baby.
The stroller is also very portable as it can be easily folded into the car trunk without consuming much space. This allows you to take your baby to a distant location before taking that stroll you’ve always wanted with “mini-you.” The stroller sports a parent tray which allows the parent to place two cups quite easily as you stroll.
The stroller can still be used when the baby has become a toddler, at least until the child is above 2-years-old. The Baby Trend Nexton Travel System, Coral Floral can definitely solve many of your strolling problems.
The Baby Trend Nexton Travel System, Coral Floral comes with several advantages:
- Parent tray. The parents’ tray comes covered and allows the parent to carry two cups on the stroll.
- Car seat. The stroller has attached a car seat which is lightweight and has a strong base.
- Easy to fold. It can be folded almost without batting an eyelid. The mechanism is known as the one-hand fold.
- Large soft head. This allows the parents to move it wherever they please with ease.
- Value for money. It is worth every dime spent and it is very affordable too.
- It does not have inbuilt support for the baby’s head which can be quite dangerous, especially when the baby is still very little.
- Sometimes, parents find it difficult to adjust the base. This is because the base is strong and the lever isn’t too flexible.
- The chair in the Baby Trend Nexton Travel System, Coral Floral is very high. Several users have raised a complaint as it hampers an enjoyable stroll.
4. Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System
Looking for an all-terrain stroller, then the Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium is about your best option. It will glide smoothly on almost every surface including grass, cement, tar, etc. In addition, the stroller comes with an array of features and functions you will definitely appreciate.
The ratcheting canopy is very large, large enough to cover your baby from the rays of the sun. There are however no assurances about rain or snow; however, who would go strolling under the rain?
The swivel front wheel is designed to allow you to maneuver through every kind of space. With a storage basket that is termed by many as “generous”, you can carry all your baby’s supplies as you go on a stroll comfortably.
The Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium comes with the following features:
- A Flex Lock 30 Infant Car Seat which allows you to keep your baby locked in while driving your car.
- It comes with a front locking wheel. This can be employed when jogging or strolling. The wheel can also swivel when you need it to so you can maneuver different spaces.
- The Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium sports a couple of accessories. These include child and parent trays, large adjustable canopy, and a large storage basket.
- The car seat can accommodate children that are up to 30 inches in height and 30 pounds in weight.
- The car seat is also accompanied by an easy flex lock. The height can be adjusted in the car base.
The Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium comes with several amazing advantages.
- Cost-effective. Considering the number of features this stroller is laden with, it is quite pocket-friendly. It definitely offers you value for money especially if you are seeking a comfortable stroller which is lightweight at the same time.
- The stroller is very comfortable for parents who are very active and feel the need to not just stroll but also jog with their babies. It allows you to keep fit while letting your baby have some fun at the same time.
- The car seat is very light and can be carried from the car to the stroller frame quite easily. In fact, if your baby is asleep, they won’t be disturbed even after the move.
- Several customers have praised this part of the stroller saying it easy to hold, very comfortable, and prevents fatigue. You really do not exert much pressure while you jog or stroll pushing the stroller.
- Stylish canopy. The canopy is large and stylish. It functions well to prevent the ultraviolet rays of the sun from hitting your baby directly. The canopy can be retracted very easily at different angles.
- The stroller is compact and can be packed up easily to be stored in the car trunk or in some other location in the home.
- Though the stroller is quite portable, it may be a bit difficult to fit into a small car trunk. Parents with large cars will have no problem with this.
5. Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System
Parents like a stroller that provides them a huge storage space while on strolls. This is exactly why the Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System, Gotham stands out. It has about the most generous storage basket of all the strollers on this list.
It comes equipped with a Graco Snugride 35 infant car seat which is quite comfortable for your baby. The seat is seen as very safe as it has a 5-point harness system to keep your baby in place while you take a drive.
The stroller seat is not so flexible, it only goes back 45 degrees which means it is not too comfortable, especially when sleeping. You must check well to confirm that your child is properly strapped in before you start moving. It can, however, carry a child of up to 50 pounds.
The stroller has a U-shaped footrest that allows your baby to rest its legs as you stroll through the park. While taking a stroll you might convert the 5-point harness to a 3-point harness, depending on the size of your child.
The stroller’s handlebar is very comfortable and easy to handle. The only challenge with it is that it is not adjustable, so tall parents may find it a bit stressful to use.
- Storage space. It has a very generous storage basket.
- Comfortable car seat. The car seat is very comfortable for your baby and it is quite safe too.
- The handlebar is easy to handle and very comfortable requiring very little stress while pushing it on a stroll or jog.
- Pocket-friendly. Compared to strollers of the same class, the Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System, Gotham is quite cheap.
- The stroller seat can only be adjusted to 45 degrees which means it is very uncomfortable for your child when he wants to take a nap. It will also be difficult to change diapers when on a stroll.
- The handlebar cannot be adjusted. This means that very tall parents, especially those who are 6’3 and above, will find it difficult to use this stroller.