Your children might have fallen in love with the sight of you in the kitchen making meals. If that sounds like your kids, you might want to think about getting them a toy kitchen set so they can begin practicing to be great cooks in the future.
- Best Kitchen Sets for Toddlers: Our Top 6 Picks
- 1. KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen
- 2. Step2 Fun with Friends Play Kitchen
- 3. Kidkraft Vintage Kitchen in Pink
- 4. KidKraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen
- 5. USA Toyz Play Kitchen Set by Hape
- 6. KidKraft Farm to Table Play Kitchen Set
- Why Toddlers Need Kitchen Sets
- What to look out for when shopping for a kitchen set for toddlers
- Wrapping it up
Best Kitchen Sets for Toddlers: Our Top 6 Picks
Finding the perfect set can be a herculean task as there are so many on the market, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. We’ve put together a list based on experience and customer reviews of the best kitchen sets for toddlers to help you narrow down your choices.
1. KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen
Looking for a play kitchen designed to modern standards? Then this is the one for you. It can easily be used by more than one kid at a time and its non-gender specific, meaning fewer headaches for you as it can keep all your little ones occupied at once.
It has storage spaces for their play kitchen equipment and food, and a “telephone” attached so they can pretend to call their friends about what they are cooking or baking. It also includes toy faucets, an oven and sink, and an espresso coffee machine, creating the illusion of a fully equipped kitchen to help them develop a love for cooking in the future.
The chalkboard that sits on the freezer is a great place for your kids to draw or write whatever they desire. Your toddlers could also pretend to make pasta using the stove or use the microwave to make some popcorn. With this, they can make dinner for their dolls and toy animals as well as entertain their friends.
It is perfect for kids between ages six and seven. It isn’t recommended that kids under three use this one, unless under your strict supervision.
- Every door closes and opens.
- Has the following kitchen equipment refrigerator, oven, espresso machine, play sink, dishwasher, and freezer.
- There is a storage cabinet just above the sink.
- Food preparation area.
- Cordless toy phone, which sits just beside the cabinet.
- Chalkboard on the freezer door.
- Recommended for kids from 3-years-old upwards.
- Great for all genders.
- Can accommodate more than one child at the same time.
- Takes a lot of time to assemble.
- You need sufficient storage space and it’s not portable.
2. Step2 Fun with Friends Play Kitchen
The Step2 Fun with Friends Kitchen is a great way to spark a love for cooking in your toddler. There are several accessories to make playtime even more interesting and a spacious workspace that allows more than one child to play together. They could even pretend to be partners in a restaurant kitchen.
The realistic sounds and lights make the experience more interesting for your kids. They can place a pan or pot on the stove and listen to the sizzling and buzzing sounds from the food, and pretend that it’s the real thing without the risk of getting hurt on hot burners.
There are coffee pods so your toddlers can make a cup o’ joe. A toy payphone is included so your toddlers can play restaurant and pretend they are receiving orders from clients. The stove, microwave, and oven may inspire creativity in your kids as they can cook or bake whatever comes to mind.
When they are done the cooking, they can wash the dishes in the attached swivel sink. There are also storage bins, a dish rack to teach organizational skills and shelves.
- Two storage bins.
- Toy condiment bottles.
- Plates, spoons, cups, bowls, knives, and forks.
- Pepper and salt shakers.
- Pan and pot set.
- A play phone.
- Three coffee pods.
- A travel coffee cup.
- A slotted spoon, two serving spoons and a spatula.
- A stove
- An oven.
- A swivel sink
- Really affordable price.
- Very easy to assemble, there are no screws and you won’t need any tools.
- Cute and colorful.
- Comes with a lot of play kitchen equipment to help develop cooking skills.
- Doesn’t come with storage baskets.
- It’s very pink, which may not be to everyone’s tastes.
3. Kidkraft Vintage Kitchen in Pink
A toddler of 3-years-old and upwards can spend hours concocting different dishes in this kitchen set. It comes with a microwave, oven, refrigerator, stove and sink, and the sturdy design ensures that it is durable and can withstand all manner of rough play. Standing a little over 36 inches in height, it makes for a perfect location for your young chef to hone their craft.
The doors are open and close and the stove burner handles are very realistic, making it one of the best places for your kid to understand the way a real kitchen works. As they say, practice makes perfect, and Kidkraft have designed the Vintage Kitchen set to provide all the practice they need.
Your toddler can pretend to turn on and off the taps at the kitchen sink since the faucets swing and the handles rotate. With the play phone beside the sink, your kid can pretend to make and receive calls in the kitchen.
This play kitchen is one of the most durable on the market. It is designed using premium quality wood, while the doors have firm clasps that keep them closed when they need to be. You can bolt the kitchen set to the wall by following a simple set of instructions laid out in the manual.
- Sturdy and durable. The doors are fixed in place using firm clasps.
- Comes in a variety of others so you don’t have to stick with the pink if it’s not to your – or your toddler’s – tastes.
- Comes with a lot of equipment and kitchen utensils.
- Affordable pricing.
- Easy to assemble.
- Not tall enough to accommodate your kid’s inevitable growth spurts.
- Lacks electronic features.
- There’s no play food
4. KidKraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen
Kidkraft is recognized as one of the top producers of toys the world over. The Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen by Kidkraft is no different, both in style and quality.
The sturdy wooden countertops and windows give it a very realistic feel. It’s very easy to clean and can be repainted after a few years of use. Although the unit comes unassembled, it can be set up easily by following the instructions in the accompanying manual.
It has several interactive features which your toddler can benefit from and enjoy using, including realistic sounds produced by the ice-maker, a large sink with taps that can be turned off and on, a refrigerator, a dishwasher and several storage spaces.
The unit can be used by more than one child and resembles a real-life kitchen, especially with the included set of deluxe cookware. With this kitchen, your kids should have an amazing time and quickly develop a love for cooking.
- Durable and sturdy design.
- Suitable for all genders.
- Possesses interactive features and produces realistic sounds and lights.
- Has a washing machine space.
- Sufficient storage space.
- Encourages creativity in your toddler.
- Though it is easy to set up, it might take some time because it has so many components.
- The washer does not have an actual dial.
5. USA Toyz Play Kitchen Set by Hape
Hape has a couple of play kitchen sets that are recognized as both durable and beautiful in design. It is a great way to delight your little toddler chef and keep them busy all day long.
It is one of the most durable wooden play kitchen sets on the market. Your kids can pretend to cook or bake like adults and enjoy using this playset for years to come. They can practice cooking, serving dishes, and cleaning them up to prepare them for a future of cooking for the family.
It is suitable for children from 3-years-old and up, and comes with several accessories to make for a pleasurable and fun cooking experience. There are kitchen utensils, cookware and plate ware included that your child can use to practice their cooking craft. It is quite small but it works well in a small apartment.
- Portable design.
- It has around thirteen different accessories.
- Easy to assemble.
- Very affordable price.
- Durable and sturdy design.
- 100% percent safe.
- A bit small for older and/or taller kids.
6. KidKraft Farm to Table Play Kitchen Set
With this kitchen set, your toddler wouldn’t just be having fun honing their cooking skills but building their coordination skills as well and being encouraged to cook vegetables rather than processed foods, cultivating a desire to eat healthily in your child.
There is a written menu attached to ensure that your kids cook their food properly. It also comes with 18 accessories made up of utensils, toy fruit and vegetables, a gas burner, an ice maker, an oven, a faucet and storage bins.
The Farm to Table Play Kitchen Set by KidKraft is almost life-size and it weighs about 57 pounds when set up. This means that your child can play in the kitchen as if it’s the real thing.
Besides preparing vegetables, your toddler will also be able to make cold drinks using the ice maker and the almost realistic ice cubes. It is not recommended for kids under three-years-old.
- Affordable pricing for what it brings to the table.
- Comes with 18 accessories.
- Vegetables instead of processed food to cultivate a healthy eating habit in your child.
- Written menu for preparing meals.
- Too big for a small apartment.
- Set up instructions may be a bit confusing.
Why Toddlers Need Kitchen Sets
For parents who have never bought kitchen sets for their children, it is quite easy to wonder why toddlers need kitchen sets as play toys. If you’re a parent who is contemplating the purchase of a kitchen set for your toddler, it is only logical that you wonder why exactly the child needs the set.
If you’re interested in the answers, the numbered points below provide that in a brilliant fashion.
- Kitchen sets provide ample opportunity for role play in the world of kids. A kitchen set thus affords them the rare ability to be able to play daddy or mummy in the kitchen and actually excel doing that.
- In the course of ‘playing mummy and daddy’ in the kitchen, a toddler indirectly develops his/her cognitive abilities. This development proves extremely beneficial both in the immediate life of the kid (as a helping hand in his/her mother’s kitchen) and in later years when the task of cooking actually begin to beckon.
- A kitchen set directly prepares a toddler for the later years in the kitchen. Here, through role play, he/she masters the challenges that a traditional kitchen requires and when eventually such a child comes of age, the kitchen is already quite familiar and its operation will certainly be a breeze.
- Finally, a kitchen set, for a toddler, serves as a brilliant introduction to the (often) hazardous world of cooking. A child thus learns the basics before he/she is introduced to fires, hot stew, the refrigerator, etc. It is thus a sort of training, using a toy element to assist in mastering the real task.
Having shown you why your kid needs a kitchen set, let’s now focus our energy on what to look out for when shopping for a kitchen set for toddlers.
What to look out for when shopping for a kitchen set for toddlers
If you’ve decided to purchase a kitchen set for your toddler, here are the basics you need to look out for. Please, note however that all the models reviewed here sufficiently cover these features. If you’re going to make a purchase for your kid, simply pick anyone that catches your fancy and make the payment…we have already done the ground work for you.
Now, here’s what to look out for:
- Ensure that you get a model that is sturdy/properly designed. Your chosen model should justify the money expended on it and last long in your house enough to be passed from a child to another.
- Look out for a colorful unit. Children, by nature love colors – and are accordingly, more likely to enjoy toys that are colored in a manner that catches and retains their attention.
- When shopping for a kitchen set for a toddler, ensure that it comes with its own smart accessories – so that you’re not put in a position to go shopping for the accessories separately.
- Finally, pick on a model that is engineered to withstand abuse. Such models can easily be deciphered from their reinforced (plastic) bodies, wooden construction or hardened steel. Such units are likely to be able to withstand the pressure and inexperience your toddler is likely to put it to.
Wrapping it up
Role play is very important for kids if they are to grow into young men and women who are excellent at what they do. This post just showed you how you can help your toddler become a better adult in the future by introducing them to the best kitchen sets money can buy today.
We wish you awesome shopping experience.